Back Pain Chicago
If you are battling chronic back pain, you know how it has reduced your quality of life. From skipping your favorite restaurant because of their chairs to avoiding trips that require too much walking, lower, upper, and middle back pain can all curb your mobility and harm your happiness. The Gateway team knows exactly what to do to offer each patient effective back pain relief, reducing and often eliminating discomfort.
If you are experiencing back pain, don’t hesitate to reach out for help. Come to us for back pain relief if you have sudden severe pain or mild pain that lasts more than two weeks. No one should have to live with back pain and the limitations it brings. Get help before your pain becomes a life-long condition.
What Are the Common Causes of Back Pain?
Your back is a complicated part of the body. There are so many different tissues, nerves, bones, and muscles, and all of them can be harmed in a back injury or by degenerative conditions. From back muscle pain to nerve pain, the cause isn’t always clear, which is why you should see us for back pain treatment. Here are just some factors that can create back strain.
Types of Back Pain
If you are experiencing chronic or severe back pain, the first step toward treatment is determining what type of back pain you are experiencing. Different forms of pain require different treatment approaches. So, what are the five broad types of back pain?
1. Mechanic Back Pain: This form of pain originates from an injury to the spine, interverbal discs, or soft tissues.
2. Degenerative Back Pain: Typically, this comes from conditions such as osteoporotic compression fractures, spinal stenosis, osteoarthritis, and degeneration of the spinal discs.
3. Inflammatory Back Pain: This is pretty much what it sounds like: back pain originating from inflammation in one of the various tissues in the back.
4. Oncologic Back Pain: With this form of pain, the source is some form of cancer causing damage to or compression of the spine.
5. Infectious Back Pain: This type of pain is caused by infections, ulcers, and sores on the tissues of the back.
Back Pain Treatment in Chicago
We offer numerous treatments for back pain, whether it is isolated to the right or left side or impacts the whole back or just a portion. In addition to medications, we utilize physical therapy, exercise, weight loss, lifestyle modifications, spinal blocks, and more. We always start with the more conservative options, saving surgery as a last resort. If you have been suffering from back pain, contact Gateway Spine & Pain Physicians.
Why Choose Us for Your Back Pain Relief in Chicago?
We are not the only pain clinic in the Chicago area. So why choose Gateway Spine & Pain Physicians for your treatment? Because we take a holistic approach. Our team doesn’t settle for just masking the pain with narcotics; we utilize medication as part of a larger treatment plan that seeks to identify the source of pain and correct it. In many cases, we can eliminate back pain and help you enjoy a better quality of life.